Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The duplicate content penalty does exist !!!

Hi there fellow investors and bloggers.

I come with a great news for you. The duplicate content penalty exists. I experienced it at first hand and though i am an investment blogger i feel compelled to share this experience.

I started blogging a few months ago. I started to receive a few visitors daily from google. But i was unsatisfied with the low visiting rate. After a few search on the internet i was convinced that if i cut and paste my content on the net my page rank will increase.

I thus started my work one Sunday and paste all my posts on Bukisa.com and started to watch people visit my bukisa page. But a few days later my website which was on the first page of the google search page dissappeared completely.

I was so desperate that some time passed before I fully realised my mistake. I rapidly corrected it by delating my account at bukisa and a few days later my website was again visible on the first page of the google search page.

I was relieved and by now i am convinced of the duplicate content penalty. So it is better if a post is only on your blog and not copied around the internet. I dont wish anyone to experience it. So take care.





Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment